Post Tagged with: "family"

by / on July 10, 2017 at 5:19 pm / in Local News & Archive

Teenagers deny Amarjeet Singh-Bhakar murder

Two teenage boys have denied murdering Amarjeet Singh-Bhakar in Rhyl. The youths, aged 15 and 16 – who can not be named for legal reasons – are accused of stabbing the shop owner during a disturbance outside a house on Prince Edward Avenue in April. Mr Singh-Bhakar died later in hospital. Both teenagers from Rhyl are also charged with wounding […]

Read more ›
by / on July 10, 2017 at 1:34 pm / in Regional News

Flint murder trial: man denies schoolgirl’s murder

A man accused of the murder of Flint schoolgirl Janet Commins over forty years ago has told a jury he did not know the victim. Stephen Hough (58), who was arrested and charged last year, denies all charges including rape, sexual assault and manslaughter. Ms Commins was found dead in a school playing field in January 1976, four days after […]

Read more ›
by / on July 7, 2017 at 3:27 pm / in Local News & Archive

David Kingsbury murder: family reacts to sentencing

The family of murdered Old Colwyn man David Kingsbury have paid tribute to a ”happy, go lucky and caring person”. It follows the conviction of Dean Cody, who was jailed for life on Thursday for stabbing the unemployed labourer in the heart in Old Colwyn in January. Three Colwyn Bay men – including Cody’s father, Stephen – were jailed for […]

Read more ›
by / on July 5, 2017 at 5:32 pm / in Local News & Archive

Man found guilty of Old Colwyn murder

A man convicted of the murder of David Kingsbury has been told he will be jailed for life. Dean Cody (31) was found guilty of fatally stabbing the unemployed labourer in the heart in Old Colwyn last January. He will be formally sentenced on Thursday. A jury at Caernarfon Crown Court also found another man – Thomas Revatto (50) of […]

Read more ›
by / on June 27, 2017 at 9:29 pm / in Regional News

Man on trial for Flint schoolgirl murder

A man accused of killing a Flint schoolgirl over forty years ago has gone on trial. Stephen Hough denies the murder, manslaughter and rape of Janet Commins, whose body was found in a school playing field in January 1976. She had been missing from her home for four days. Another man, Noel Jones, served half of a twelve year jail […]

Read more ›
by / on June 26, 2017 at 9:05 pm / in Local News & Archive

David Kingsbury murder trial begins

A man has gone on trial accused of the murder of an unemployed labourer in Old Colwyn. Dean Cody (30) denies fatally stabbing David Kingsbury, whose body was found by police in the Bryn Heulog area in January. Two people, Thomas Revatto (50) of Old Colwyn and Susannah Buckley (40), formerly of Colwyn Bay, are also standing trial at Caernarfon […]

Read more ›
by / on June 26, 2017 at 12:44 pm / in Local News & Archive

Rhyl man charged with ‘family feud’ stabbing

A man has been charged following a stabbing in West Rhyl. Donovan Dudley (30) is accused of causing grievous bodily harm after an incident on Sandringham Avenue on Friday morning. Another man was left in hospital with arm injuries which are not life threatening. Police said on Friday that the stabbing appeared to have been the result of a ‘family […]

Read more ›
by / on June 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm / in Local News & Archive

Man arrested after Rhyl ‘family feud’ stabbing

Police say a ‘family feud’ led to a suspected stabbing in West Rhyl. A man was arrested following an incident in Sandringham Avenue at just before 10.35am on Friday morning. Another man was taken to hospital with an arm injury, which is not life threatening. Armed police officers from the joint Cheshire and North Wales Alliance unit said enquiries were […]

Read more ›
by / on June 13, 2017 at 1:09 pm / in Local News & Archive

Search continues for missing Conwy man last seen in Rhyl

Police are still appealing for help to trace 34-year-old William Fitzsimmons who is missing from Conwy. The last confirmed sighting of William Fitzsimmons was on Rhyl High Street at 11:41am on Sunday 11th June. His family are becoming increasingly concerned for his welfare, as enquiries to trace him have so far proved fruitless. Local officers are now focusing enquiries and searches […]

Read more ›
by / on June 12, 2017 at 11:47 am / in Local News & Archive

Drink driver banned after A55 pile-up

A social worker whose drink driving led to a seven car pile-up on the A55 has been banned for 20 months. Patricia Reid (57) from Cilcain, near Mold, was found to be twice over the limit after the crash at Rhuallt Hill last month. A suspension fault was also discovered in her car. Reid’s defence told Llandudno magistrates that she had […]

Read more ›




63 queries in 2.122 seconds.