Local News & Archive — March 17, 2017 at 1:44 pm — Updated: March 17, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Rhyl man’s death caused by ‘toxic’ methadone


An inquest has returned a narrative verdict on a Rhyl man who died after taking a ‘toxic’ level of methadone.

28 year-old Oliver Beacall suffered a cardiac arrest in the back of a car during a house party in Kinmel Bay last October.

The hearing in Ruthin was told that Mr Beacall had being taking drugs throughout the day. He had appeared to be ”disorientated and confused” when he tried to visit a gym at the Nova Centre in Prestatyn.

A friend said he had been brought to the gym to try and give him ”some focus in his life” – but Mr Beacall was asked to go home and take a rest – a member of staff claimed he had appeared drunk even though they could not smell any alcohol on him.

Mr Beacall was last seen eating a burger that night in a car outside the party on Woodside Gardens. He was later found to be unresponsive by his friends – and when emergency services arrived, paramedics said they could smell drugs upon him.

He was pronounced dead at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd around an hour after an ambulance was called. A pathologist determined that Mr Beacall had died from alcohol and a toxic amount of methadone.

Assistant coroner for North Wales East and Central, Nicola Jones, told the hearing that Mr Beacall had a history of mental health problems, schizophrenia, drug addiction and dependence on alcohol – at the time of his death, he was been treated by the Betsi Cadwaladr health board for mental illness and substance misuse.



Source: Daily Post

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.

70 queries in 2.010 seconds.