Local News & Archive — February 10, 2017 at 2:53 pm — Updated: February 10, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Rhyl man acquitted after false threat allegations

by
Share this story:

Google

A Polish man from Rhyl has been cleared of threatening to kill his wife after it emerged the allegations against him were false.

Mariosz Sobczak had denied twice threatening and attacking Edyta Sobczac on Sunday 18th December and on Boxing Day last year. The 54 year-old from Barry Road South had been held in custody before going on trial at Mold Crown Court.

But the court heard on Thursday that Mrs Sobczac had told police her complaint was not true and had since withdrawn it. The prosecution offered no further evidence against Mr Sobczak.

Dismissing the case, Judge Rhys Rowlands said he was sure both police and the Crown Prosecution Service would act ‘very seriously’ on the issue of making a false statement which led to a defendant being remanded.

 

Source: Rhyl Journal

Share this story:

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.





64 queries in 1.821 seconds.