Local News & Archive — April 2, 2017 at 6:47 pm — Updated: April 2, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Rhyl kitchen pan fire started by child

by
Share this story:

Google

A fire at a house in West Rhyl was started after a child switched on a cooker.

Five people – including three children – were taken to hospital after a pan of oil was set alight at an address on Ffynnongroyw Road at around 9.15am on Saturday morning.

The family escaped the house when the fire triggered the smoke alarm – it was already extinguished before emergency services arrived. All five residents were taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd in Bodelwyddan as a precaution.

Jane Honey from North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: ”Thanks to the smoke alarm, the family were alerted to the fire, and evacuated promptly. This highlights the importance of having a working smoke alarm and not to leave combustible items on the hob.”

Share this story:

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.





61 queries in 1.764 seconds.