Local News & Archive, Rhyl Air Show — February 5, 2016 at 5:14 pm — Updated: February 5, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Rhyl Air Show goes on, say organisers

by
Share this story:

airshow_feature

Organisers of the Rhyl Air Show say it will go ahead this year despite the cancellation of another event on the North Wales Coast.

The Llandudno Air Show will not be held after organisers Mostyn Estates announced they were pulling out, in the wake of tighter safety guidelines introduced following the Shoreham disaster last August.

But Denbighshire County Council say they will comply with the new rules brought in by the Civil Aviation Authority and go ahead as planned. Last year’s event attracted thousands of people to the two day festival, which included the Vulcan’s last flight over Wales and the RAF Red Arrows.

The council says planning work on this year’s air show is continuing and expected to be held in August.

Meanwhile, Mostyn Estates managing director Edward Hiller said they hoped the Llandudno show would return in 2017.

Share this story:

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.





61 queries in 1.745 seconds.