Local News & Archive — April 11, 2017 at 1:48 pm — Updated: April 11, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Prestatyn man admits third assault on ex-partner



A Prestatyn man has been banned from approaching his former girlfriend for ten years after she was attacked at her home.

Samuel Cruse admitted punching Erin Jackson at her home in Denbigh last July. The victim moved out of her house, but when she returned, found Cruse had damaged a set of tables, ripped her clothing and left cut marks in the sofa.

The 21 year-old was sentenced to fifteen months in jail – but Mold Crown Court heard because he had spent seventeen months on remand in custody, he would be released immediately.

The court was told Cruse had attacked Miss Jackson twice before but she had forgiven him. When an argument broke out at her home last July, he punched her forcibly in the right eye, causing her to lose consciousness.

When she awoke, Miss Jackson found she could not open a badly swollen eye and something cold had been put on it. Another row broke out when the victim wanted to leave the house – she stayed the night but left early the following morning to stay with her parents.

On returning home, she discovered the damage and a neighbour, who heard what had been going on, alerted police and led her away on the pretence of helping her with the dog. When interviewed, Cruse had denied attacking Miss Jackson and blamed the eye injury on the dog.

The defence said Cruse’s assault – described as a ”single although clearly forceful blow” – had been aggravated by two convicitions for assault against the complainant. They were unable to stay apart from each other – but the defendant now wanted to move on.

Judge Rhys Rowlands told Cruse he had assaulted Miss Jackson twice before she forgave him and had lost his temper when she felt quite vulnerable and no match for him. He had also ”thrown his weight around” when she returned home to discover the damage, prompting another row.

Cruse’s restraining order means he can not contact the victim directly or indirectly – but he can approach via a solicitor to arrange access to his two children if approved by a family court.

Source: Rhyl Journal

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.

68 queries in 1.078 seconds.