Regional News — April 4, 2017 at 2:58 pm — Updated: April 4, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Inquest halted over death threat claims

by
Share this story:

Google

An inquest into the death of a Llandudno man has been adjourned following allegations of a death threat.

Austin Bellew (41) had been missing for a month when his body was found six miles off Hoylake on the Wirral in February.

Mr Bellew’s sister, Sandra, claimed police officers dismissed claims he had been threatened over his life because of a drug debt. She told the Ruthin hearing that the family was concerned over an ”insufficient” investigation and there were ”too many question marks” about how he ended up in the sea.

The assistant coroner for North Wales East and Central, Nicola Jones, ordered police to issue a statement within 28 days.

In response, a spokesperson said it would work closely with the coroner and provide details of the police investigation into Mr Bellew’s death.

Share this story:

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.





60 queries in 1.649 seconds.