Four men have been arrested in an armed police operation in West Rhyl.
The area around a flat on Wellington Road was cordoned off for several hours on Monday night – officers were called out in response to another incident earlier in the day on Rhyl High Street.
In a statement on Tuesday lunchtime, police said a vehicle was forcibly stopped in a planned operation, leading to the arrests – but they added there was no shooting following rumours on social media.
Chief Inspector Paul Joyce from North Wales Police said all four people arrested were still in custody and officers were still patrolling the Wellington Road area: ”We appreciate that the community are concerned by this incident, and would like to re- iterate that no shooting took place.”
”We can confirm that police are continuing to deal with an ongoing incident and we would like to thank the public for their patience and assistance.”