Investigators say an unattended candle was to blame for an overnight house fire in West Rhyl.
Four children and a woman were rescued from a property on Sandringham Avenue at around 3.30am on Wednesday morning.
Two crews were called out to tackle the fire, which started in an upstairs bedroom – it suffered total smoke damage and around 50% fire and heat damage.
All five people – including three teenagers and a three-month old baby – were taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd in Bodelwyddan for precautionary checks. A 41 year-old woman suffered non life-threatening injuries.