Local News & Archive — January 4, 2017 at 1:29 pm — Updated: January 4, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Faulty phone charger blamed for Prestatyn fire

by
Share this story:

A faulty phone charger has been blamed for starting a house fire in Prestatyn overnight.

Two crews were called out to the property on Victoria Road at just after 12.50am on Wednesday morning. No one was injured in the fire, which was extinguished within 35 minutes.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said an investigation had found the phone charger in a bedroom had overheated and caught fire, damaging the carpet. There was also severe smoke damage to the first floor of the building.

Senior fire safety manager Stuart Millington said: ”The charger involved was not a genuine charger. Our advice is that you only ever purchase chargers from a reputable source.”

”Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidance, turn chargers off and unplug them before you go to bed and never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods. You should always charge your phone on a hard surface. Do not charge it on bedding or any combustible surface.”

Share this story:

Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.





59 queries in 2.000 seconds.