Local News & Archive — January 26, 2016 at 10:37 am — Updated: January 26, 2016 at 10:37 am

Denbighshire Council clean team praised by housing association


Denbighshire County Council’s street cleaning team was praised by Clwyd Alyn Housing Association this week for their prompt response to a fly-tipping problem in Rhyl.

Louise Blackwell, Community Development Officer for Clwyd Alyn said: Area Housing Officer Sarah Faire had flagged up that there was a real problem with fly-tipping in some of the un-adopted alleyway areas which was attracting more rubbish problems. Our own caretaker regularly does over and above to help out when he can but this really needed some extra expert attention from the Council.

“They responded really promptly and as well as clearing the rubbish concerned have launched a campaign letting people know how to report fly-tipping, and also the robust action they will take to fine those responsible.”

Sarah Faire, Housing Officer added: “Fly-tipping can cause real problems in an area and we really appreciate the prompt approach to help when this was reported.”

The alleyway areas are now being monitored and anyone caused dumping waste will be charged full removal costs, and if prosecuted, face fines of up to £50,000 and imprisonment.

Anyone witnessing fly-tipping, anywhere in Denbighshire can report the matter confidentially to Denbighshire County Council by phoning 01824 706101 during office hours – or to the Natural Resources Wales 24 hour hotline on 0800 807060.

Councillor David Smith, Cabinet Lead Member for Environment, said: “The Council has made clean and tidy streets one of its key priorities.

“Residents tell us that dumping rubbish is one of the issues that concerns them the most and fly-tipping not only affects the quality of life, but has a detrimental impact on the environment.

“We endeavor to respond as soon as possible to reports of fly-tipping and would remind residents to dispose of all waste items appropriately.

“As well as our bin collection and recycling service, items can be taken to our household waste recycling centres, or collection of larger items can be arranged, for a small fee by calling the Council’s Customer Services Centre.

“We also urge residents to drop off appropriate items to local charity shops or consider recycling them via the various on-line websites.”


Leave A Comment Using Facebook (Website Comment Form Below)

Use the form below to post a comment via facebook

Comments are closed.

71 queries in 1.078 seconds.